Monday, March 17, 2008

Roseola



This past week Landon has been experiencing Roseola. It all started last Saturday when he felt warm to the touch. We took his temperature and it was 100 OH MY! So we gave him some Tylenol and kept on it every 4 hours because his temp didn't ever go down. All day Sunday we kept on the Tylenol because his temp was 102. At this point I started to get a little worried. (me worry, no way!) Late Sunday night, Landon woke up and his temperature was 102.7 (not yet 103, I know, but I'm still worried-surprise) Jared gave him a blessing and we gave him some more Tylenol. He went to bed, but woke up every two hours! His temperature slowly went down over the night. Monday morning it was 99. I was a lot more relaxed when I saw that. I called the Dr.'s office and they told me "it's not considered a fever unless it's 103 or above" and that I shouldn't worry about it. I could tell Landon was feeling a little better because I didn't have to hold him 24/7 now it was about 20/7! We go about our week and Wednesday, Landon wakes up with a red rash all over his body, poor guy! Again I called the Dr.'s office to find out if he needs to be seen. I remind them of his "elevated temperature" over the weekend and tell them that he now has a red rash all over his body. That is when the nurse told me that it was Roseola. Something I had never heard of before. It starts with a fever and then after the fever, the child breaks out with a rash. By the time the rash comes, (and you figure out what it is) they are no longer contageous. Landon is doing just fine now and I am happy to say that he is able to be sat down and play on his own now. (that right there tells me he is feeling much better!) FYI that binki he is playing with in the picture has a thermometer in it. What a big help that was! Thanks Amanda!

No comments: